Union Council – Get Involved
Union Council meets throughout the year to decide on SUSU policy and hold the work of the Sabbatical team to account.
Any student at the University of Southampton can attend meetings, with decisions voted on by the elected members and Union Councillors.
The next meeting is on Monday 15th April at 5pm in the University Senate Room, and is a great opportunity for you to get involved in making decisions at SUSU as we’re electing some currently unfilled positions!
There are two Student Leader positions, which include:
- Outreach (Site) Officer
- Faculty of Business and Law Officer
Plus we’re also electing 11 Union Councillor positions for the following:
- Postgraduate Taught
- Postgraduate Research
- Part Time Student
- Mature Student
- European Student
- Business & Law Student
- Medicine Student
- Health Sciences Student
As well as Elections, there are several items up for discussion and policies to be decided upon, including:
- A discussion about creating an Education Strategy for SUSU – what should it focus on and what should it include.
- A discussion on gender imbalance on our officer teams.
- A policy on business ethics – who SUSU should work with and how.
- A policy about letting agencies on campus – SUSU’s stance on activity by letting agencies and how we should move forward.