Fun Revision Techniques
For those of you who are bored of your usual revision techniques, why not try something different?
- Colourful mind maps -Mind maps are a great way to retain information if you like learning visually.
* Tip: Try and fit everything onto one page so that you ensure your information is succinct and easier to remember!
- Record yourself with a Dictaphone – You might hate the sound of your voice but this is very useful for those who prefer to learn through audio.
*Tip: why not try putting on different voices for different pieces of information, or swap your dictations with your friends?
- Mnemonics (e.g. “Memory Needs Every Method Of Nurturing Its Capacity” is a mnemonic for how to spell mnemonic.)
*Tip: Be creative in what you make up and share with your classmates!
- Repetition – this may sound boring but by repeating yourself over and over again, the information you’re trying to retain might become very easy to you.
*Tip: Read a set number of pages from a book you’re trying to remember information from, and then write down everything you remember onto a blank piece of paper. Go through the set pages you read and if you have forgotten anything, add it onto your notes in red!
- Group revision – many brains in a room working together really is better than just one! By working together, you can share notes, teach one another and help each other understand topics better.
*Tip: why not book a library room to use to study?
Words: Mayan Al-Shakarchy
Tags: Tip Read, Tip Try