10 questions with: VP Engagement, Ellie Cawthera
Ellie Cawthera has been in the role of VP Engagement for five weeks, so we thought it was about time we got to know her a little bit better. Here she tells us about how “horrid” the rest of the sabbatical team really are (she’s only joking… we hope!).
1. What was your favourite childhood TV show?
Thomas the Tank Engine.
2. If you could go back in time to any year, when would you choose and why?
3. What does your perfect day look like?
Gorgeous sun on a beautiful beach with perfect 3ft surf and my longboard!
4. What is your biggest phobia?
I don’t think I have one!
5. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
I would be a dolphin.
6. How are you finding the rest of the sabbatical team?
Horrid. (Not really they’re great!)
7. What made you want to take on the VP Engagement role?
SUSU has a tonne of awesome opportunities, but students were missing out on them because they didn’t know they were happening. I think I can have a good go at reaching more students via some alternative communication strategies!
8. What part of the role have you found to be the most enjoyable so far?
Meeting some fantastic people. I’m very grateful for all the friends I’ve made.
9. Is there any part of your role which you’re most looking forward to doing in the next year?
Too difficult to say!
10. As VP Engagement, if you could get engaged to anyone in the world, who would you choose?
That’s a tough one! David Beckham is a beautiful man but my boyfriend still comes up tops!
Words: Howell Davies