Pre-sessional sustainability workshops today in SUSU
Do you want to learn more about how to live sustainability during your time in Southampton? If so, a number of different sustainability workshops are being held this week for Pre-Sessional students. The sessions will be run collectively by the University of Southampton’s sustainability programme Sustainability Action, students studying towards an MA in Public Health, and pre-sessional workers.
The first event, which is happening today, will take place between 4 and 6pm in Building 16, 2025 , featuring two classes which each comprises of several smaller workshops. The workshops being held are:
- Introduction to sustainability – what it is and why it is relevant.
- Employability – how being sustainable heightens employability through learning and implementing new and existing skills.
- Work/life balance at university – sustainability in academic achievement and personal development.
- Sustainable living – ensuring sustainable practices in energy use, waste disposal and other issues in the home.
- Healthy lifestyle – using your body sustainably including eating sensibly and exercising.
If you are unable to make the workshop today then you can hopefully make it to one of the following:
- Tuesday 12/8/14 – 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday 13/8/14 – 9am-11am and 4pm-6pm
- Thursday 14/8/14 – 9am-11am, 11am-1pm and 4pm-6pm
- Friday 15/8/14 – 9am-11am, 2pm-4pm, 4pm-6pm
As well as the sustainability workshops, other activities for pre-sessional students are also being held this week. If you would like to witness some exceptional individuals showcase their skills, head to The Bridge Bar on Friday (15/08/14) for the Talent Show, with entry costing £7.
If you’re not too tired from the Talent Show, you could also visit the beautiful seaside town of Weymouth. A day-trip to the Dorset town has been organised, with transport departing from the Interchange on Highfield Campus at 8am on Saturday (16/08/14). The trip costs £12, although there is no requirement to pre-book.
Words: Howell Davies