As a student at the University of Southampton you’ve automatically got a free membership at the Students’ Union (affectionately known as SUSU), so hello! This website is here to give you an idea of what we’re all about, tell you some of the exciting things you’ve got to come but most importantly make sure you’re feeling totally ready for the best three years of your life!

First up to answer a few questions…

What is a students’ union?

We’re here to represent your voice at every level and ultimately make your university experience is as fun possible. This could be through the tones of services we provide, our cheaper than usual prices on your student essentials or the hundreds of activities you’ll be trying during your time here at SUSU.

So, what sort of stuff can I get involved with?

You’ll be spoilt for choice! We’ve got 300 student groups (clubs and societies) From Quidditch and Tchouckball there are so many opportunities to meet new people and have fun. Fancy a spot of media experience? We’ve got an award winning student media team, our very own cinema Union Films and Performing Arts to get involved with.

How else can you help me?

We have loads of ways to help make your student life brilliant. These range from our new Lettings Agency, which provides students with a reliable and fair lettings service to The Shop, the place to grab lunch or your student basics. There’s also The Advice Centre which provides free and impartial advice, as well as Nightline, a listening service run by students for students.

Oh and for when you are feeling a bit peckish, you can come to our onsite restaurant, The Bridge, where you can enjoy food from our Michelin trained chef at student prices or The Stag’s pub, which shows live sport and is home to our infamous karaoke night.

Anything else I should know?

Independent from the University, we’re completely run by students FOR students! With our team of elected student Sabbatical officers (you’ll find out more about these guys later) Our mission is to unlock the potential and enrich the life of every student. Whether we’re supporting you with your career, housing questions or finances – we’re always here for you!

#HelloSUSU