Student internships at BEES
BEES have just launched a recruitment drive for three paid student internships. This is a fantastic opportunity for any student who is interested in business and environmental sustainability as you will receive full training and support from the University and Union team, and will be paid £7.65 per hour.
BEES works with SUSU on a joint programme where students are trained to help local business improve their business ethics and environmental practices through audits and solutions. If you’re interested in finding out more about bees, please see www.bees.susu.org
The internship will be one day per week for 22 weeks, within the university terms.
BEES understand that your University timetable comes first and are happy to work around that.
There are three positions available for you to apply!
BEES Communications Assistant
Do you have proofreading skills and confidence using computers? Do you have experience writing for the web? Do you use social networks often? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the position for you!
You will be required to:
– Support the BEES team in delivering publicity and general communications campaigns
– Raise the profile of BEES across a wide range of media outlets
– Generate news-worthy stories and write articles, blogs and social media posts
– Update the BEES website, media and image archive
BEES Sustainability Practice Assistant
Do you understand sustainability issues? Are you able to manage multiple tasks at one time? Do you have a high level of communication skills? If you feel passionate about developing sustainability in local businesses and initiating those tasks, then this job is for!
You will be required to:
– Work with the joint University-Students’ Union teams to develop tools to help local businesses to become more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
– To refine existing initiatives for improving ethical and environmental practice in
– To support the development of student training local businesses and organisations, based on experience and feedback
BEES Volunteer Co-ordinator
Do you have experience in volunteering and liaising with a network of people? Are you able to argue persuasively without causing anger? Are you an organised person able to manage many takes and organising events? If so, then this position is for you!
– Assist with the recruitment of BEES volunteers
– Work within the BEES team to promote this opportunity to volunteers
– Help BEES members with their training and support their work in organisation
– Organise volunteer training and team building events
If you would like to apply for any of these internships, please complete and submit your application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be found here
Deadline for applications: 11.59pm on 2nd November 2014.Tags: Freshers'