Course Rep Award nominations now open
Every week, countless students give up numerous hours of their time to ensure their course is the best it can be by acting as a link between the student body, SUSU and the university, providing feedback and implementing changes. Their tireless efforts to strive for a better education for themselves and their fellow students deserve to be acknowledged, which is why the Course Representative Awards are so special, celebrating these volunteers for their dedication to improving the academic offering at University of Southampton.
There are five categories to vote on and it is up to you to nominate Course Reps who you believe deserve extra recognition for their exceptional contribution. The categories in which students can be nominated are:
- Most committed to raising the profile of Education Zone: This student will have persistently tried to increase the awareness of the Course Rep system to their fellow students and therefore increased engagement.
- Commitment to the Education Zone: As well as being a reliable Course Rep by always attending and participating in meetings and giving up their time, this individual will proactively seek out opportunities to represent their peers and give them a voice.
- Best Team of Academic Representatives: This accolade will be presented to the group of representatives who work most effectively, whether that be Course Reps, Academic Presidents or Faculty Officers, who have brought about positive change in their faculty or course.
- Best individual commitment to the cause: This student will work relentlessly to represent their peers via regular communication with staff, achieving change through thorough feedback and increasing the visibility of their role throughout their faculty or course.
- Academic Representative of the year: The most coveted prize, this will be awarded to the student who goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to their role, driving for change and producing outstanding results which they communicate back to the student body.
The whole array of categories to nominate in might make deciding difficult, but we want to be able to support and honour those dedicated Course Reps in Southampton,so make sure you shine a spotlight on those special volunteers you may know.
For more details and to nominate someone who you believe deserves to be acknowledged for their contribution, click here.Tags: Academic Presidents, Course Rep Awards, Course Representative Awards, Course Reps, Faculty Officers, SUSU, University of SOuthampton