Halls Committee Elections coming soon!
Halls Committee Officers (formerly known as the JCR Committee – a change made as part of SU Upgrade) are elected student officers there to help students with life in halls of residence. There are Halls Committee Officers for every Halls of Residence and private rented accommodation (E.g. Bencraft Committee).
We can now announce the Halls Committee elections are coming soon. This means that you can run to be a Halls Officer and represent the views and interests of your fellow students.
What roles can I run for?
Each Halls (including Private rented) has the following roles:
- Welfare and Campaigns Officer
- Sports Officer
- Fundraising and Volunteering Officer
- Events and Activities Officer
- Communities Officer
Why should I run?
- Get to meet lots of new students and make friends on the job
- Gain experience in your chosen area (e.g. sports, events etc), which is a winner for your CV
- Represent the voice of the students in your hall
- Make positive change to the student experience in halls
- Gain responsibility and a chance to be involved in your Students’ Union
When can I run?
Nominations open- 9th November at 12pm
Nominations close- 12th November at 4pm
Candidates training- 13th November at 12pm
Candidates announced- 13th Friday at 4pm
Voting opens- 16th November at 12pm
Voting closes- 18th November at 4pm
Watch the video to find out more:
Go to: susu.org/elections for more details.