Your full Refreshers’ programme: events, nightlife, brand review and more
Refreshers’ is all about unwinding after your deadlines and reminding yourselves that University life is a whole lot more than study stress! Here is what you have got to look forward to…
NB: Unless stated otherwise, all tickets for events can be bought from the Box Office here.
Monday 25th January
- UNI VINTAGE FAIRS (Tickets: FREE) Concourse, Highfield campus between 11am-5pm
Uni vintage fairs are back with their one-stop shop for all your vintage needs. Come along and nab yourself a retro great!
Tuesday 26th January
- WSA BRANDING DAY ‘TED’S TALK’ (Tickets: FREE) WSA in the WSA Cafe between 10-11.30am.
Holdens’, the company we have appointed for our brand review, are coming to the Students’ Union to talk to you about how they developed a successful branding agency. This will be a great opportunity to learn from the experience of a team that have worked with Kellogg’s and Manchester United. After the talk, you will get the chance to have your say about the SUSU brand as part of our brand review.
Get your FREE tickets here.
- BRANDING DAY ‘TED’S TALK’ (Tickets: FREE) Garden Court, Highfield Campus 2.30-4pm.
Exactly the same event as above, but organised at Highfield campus.
Get your FREE tickets here.
If you can’t make the talk, we are running the same event in Winchester School of Art in the WSA Cafe between 10-11.30am on the same day.
- REFRESHERS’ PASS ONLY: ft DJ LUCK & MC NEAT at Switch – SOLD OUT
- REFRESHERS: BLOC PARTY (Free entry with wristband, £6.50 without) – SOLD OUT
Free Entry to all the bars in Bedford Place plus Junk, Popworld, and Switch. With drinks starting from £1 in most venues.
Wednesday 27th January
- BURLESQUE AND CABARET: HAIR AND MAKE-UP (Tickets: £10) – Concourse from 12pm
Get your hair styled in a vintage up-do courtesy of Pin Curls Styling. Pre-book via email@example.com.
- BURLESQUE AND CABARET: WORKSHOP (Tickets: £10 inc. evening show) – Clubs and Societies Room 6-7pm
Learn about the history of Burlesque and pick up some show girl moves from the professionals to strut your stuff in a mini-performance.
- THE VELVET LOUNGE PRESENTS BURLESQUE AND CABARET (Tickets: £5) – The Bridge from 7.30pm
Come along to The Bridge for an evening of American-style burlesque, tantalising striptease and charming comedy sketches.
- REFRESHERS’ PASS ONLY: STUDENT THERAPY @ Oceana Southampton – SOLD OUT
One of the best student nights for over a decade now
Drinks starting from £1.50 all night.
Thursday 28th January
- LIVE BAND KARAOKE (Tickets: FREE) The Stag’s between 8pm until 1am
Sing your hearts out, complete with live band backing including horn section.
- REFRESHERS’ PASS: BIG NIGHT OUT (Free T-shirt with wristband, £12 without)
Expect over 5,000 students from both universities taking over the whole of Southampton, £2 drinks in all venues
NO T-Shirts = NO Entry
Friday 29th January
A week to raise as much money for charity as possible with exciting events, from Bar Crawls to Colour Runs. The aim this year is to beat last year’s impressive £7000 total! All money raised, goes to RAG’s core charities:Make-A-Wish UK, Student Minds and The Red Lipstick Foundation. Any money that you give will go to help these fantastic causes.
- ENIGMA 2016 (Tickets: £1 deposit for the coach, £15)
Celebrate the end of exams with a night out in a mystery city courtesy of RAG.
- REFRESHERS’ FAYRE – (Tickets: FREE) Building 42 and Red Brick Area, Highfield campus between 10am-4pm
Come along to find out more about the activities that we offer with some stalls from external companies, including Dominoes, I love Cashback and more!
- SIGNATURE COCKTAILS WITH SOUL 45 DJS – (Tickets: FREE) The Bridge from 7.30pm
Sip cocktails and dance the night away to reggae, funk and soul vinyls courtesy of the Soul 45 DJs, who are back for their fourth year residency.
- REFRESHERS’ PASS ONLY: JUICED ft Made in Chelsea’s JAMIE LAING at Switch from 9pm – SOLD OUT
The biggest student night
£1 off entry with your Refreshers’ Pass b4 11pm.
£1.50 Drinks all night.
Saturday 30th January
- LAUGHTER LOUNGE REFRESHERS’ SPECIAL FT. JOSH WIDDICOMBE – The Cube 7PM SOLD OUT
Our sell-out comedy evening brought to you by Off The Kerb Productions & Comedy Central UK is back with another jaw-dropping line up of the finest professional comedians the circuit has to offer. Introducing…a Laughter Lounge special with JOSH WIDDICOMBE and support from Adam Vincent and Ivo Graham.
- REFRESHERS’ PASS ONLY: WH Saturdays at Switch Southampton – SOLD OUT
ft Philip George
Sunday 31st January
- REFRESHERS’ PASS ONLY: REFRESHERS RAVE – at Switch Southampton – SOLD OUT
£2 Drinks all nightTags: Box Office, brand review, calendar, events, January, look, Refreshers'