Easter Opening Times
We bet you can’t wait for the Easter break – 2016 seems to be flying by and it isn’t long to go now.
The break starts from Sunday 20 March 2016 and will last until Sunday 17 April 2016.
SUSU opening times:
University opening times:
The University will be open throughout the break apart from the Easter weekend – 25-28 March, followed by the closure days on Tuesday and Wednesday, 29-30 March 2016.
Students can find a list of all opening hours for University libraries. The Hartley Library 24/7 service ends at midnight on Friday 18 March and will follow the following schedule:
- Saturday 19 March and Sunday 20 March: 09:00 – midnight
- Monday 21 March – Thursday 24 March: 07:30 – midnight
- Friday 25 March – Monday 28 March: Closed
- Tuesday 29 March and Wednesday 30 March: 09:00 – 18:00 (Note: these are University closure days)
- Thursday 31 March – Sunday 17 April: Weekdays: 07:30-midnight, Weekends: 09:00 – midnight.
From 07:30 on Monday 18 April, the Hartley Library will resume its normal 24/7 service until midnight on Friday 3 June.
For students who need to access files or software over the break, you can use the University’s Southampton Virtual Environment. This will enable you to access your files along with Library online resources and databases while you are away. If you live in the UK you can also apply for SCONUL membership if you want to use other University Libraries close to where you will be. Details of this scheme can be found here.
If you’re leaving your house unattended over the break, read up on our tips on home safety.
What to do if you’re staying at University over the break
If you are staying in the halls over Easter, there are plenty of events organised by your Halls Committees to celebrate the holiday:
Sunday 13 March:
Glen Eyre: 19:00 – A treasure hunt around Glen Eyre followed by a Sunday tea and cake event where a selection of games including a PlayStation 4 will be available.
Archers Road: 20:30 – An Easter egg hunt with a bit of a twist followed by tea, cake and games night.
Mayflower: 20:00 – A scavenger hunt around Mayflower followed by a tea and cake night with colouring and egg decorating activities.
Sunday 27 March:
Easter Sunday Tea and Cake night – from 20:00 at Glen, Wessex, Archers, Gateway and Mayflower.
Wessex Lane: Easter egg hunt around Wessex Lane followed by tea, cake and games.
Look out for posters around the site and on the Facebook page for further information.
Moreover, if you want to get refreshed by spending some time away from Southampton, the following trips have been arranged by the University Societies where everyone is invited:
- Dodgeball Society: Trip to Amsterdam from 30 March – 2 April 2016. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ski and Snowboard Club: Trip to Pas de la Casa, Andorra from 19 – 27 March 2016. Contact email: email@example.com
- English Society: Trip to Dublin from 21 – 23 March 2016. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org