WSA: Meet the Winchester Student Committee
Congratulations to Ryan Shannon (pictured), Bex Willis and Kezia Davies, who have been elected as your representatives in the new Winchester Student Committee for 2016-17.
Winchester Campus President – Bex Willis
Your Winchester Campus President for this year (2015-16) has been Ryan Notman-Watt. Ryan will continue in the position until the end of this academic year alongside Bex Willis, who will be learning the ropes to take over the position officially for 2016-17.
What does the Campus President do?
- Represent students at WSA
- Work alongside core staff to lead The Union – Winchester
During this year, Ryan has worked hard to make positive changes to your student experience based on what you have asked for. Here’s some examples:
- Organised the WSA Saints and Sinners Ball at Winchester Guildhall in response to your requests to have more social events for students at WSA.
- Lobbied University Catering to secure a loyalty card scheme for use on coffees at the WSA Cafe, which has proved so successful it will now be rolled out across other University campuses.
- Started dedicated WSA Instagram and Snapchat accounts (both accounts are searchable @theunionwsa) to help improve the relevance of communications for Winchester students.
- Involved in the process to organise WSA branded hoodies which you can now buy from the The Union desk at the WSA Cafe for £20 cash.
Welfare Officer – Kezia Davies
What does the Welfare Officer do?
- Co-ordinate campaigns with student leaders and run them locally at WSA
- Work closely with the VP Welfare and Student Life Committee
- Continuously review and improve student welfare, pastoral care and safety
Social Events Officer – Ryan Shannon (pictured)
What does the Social Events Officer do?
- Encourage student participation in a wide range of SUSU events and activities
- Work with Campus President and WSA Manager to suggest and organise a programme of events and activities across all student cohorts throughout the academic year
- Knowledge transfer to following year
- Work closely with the Events & Activities Officer on EP Committee