Summer Elections – Nominate now!
Whether it is the EU Referendum, Spring Elections or being bombarded by students in t-shirts with fliers, elections seem to be everywhere. You may feel like they don’t affect you, but:
- Did you have an opinion on whether the Hartley Library should be open for 24 hours, year-round?
- Have you visited The Bridge this year?
- Have you attended a student group or society this year?
If you answered YES to any of the above, you have engaged in the Students’ Union. These are just three examples of how you may have engaged with your Union, out of literally hundreds!
We often hear from students asking us to give them more opportunities to gain employability skills and experience for their future careers. We already run Linked In Labs, Pop-Up Markets and our own recruitment agency, but if you’re interested in gaining skills in areas such as sports, welfare and equality, then read on!
The Summer Elections are here and we are offering you the chance to nominate yourself in the following roles:
- Engineering and Environment Faculty Officer
- National Oceanography Centre (Site) Officer
- Nightline Officer
- Sports Participation Officer
- Student Enterprise Officer
- Wellbeing Officer
The position of Charities and Community Officer will not be available in this election, as some changes are currently being discussed as to how the Student Leader positions in the External Engagement Zone will work.
- Student Trustees (two positions available)
Chair of Council
- Chair of Council (subject to change to “Chair of Senate” if the Democracy Reform Proposal is passed at the AGM)
- Mature Students & Student Parent Network President
WSA Student Committee
- Academic Officer
- International Officer
- Academic Presidents
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Biological Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Health Care Sciences
- Healthcare (Management, Policy and Research)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Modern Languages
- Natural Sciences
- Occupational Therapy
- Ocean and Earth Science
- Physics & Astronomy
- Ship Science
- Social Sciences
- Academic Vice-Presidents
- Politics & International Relations
- Social Statistics & Demography
- Sociology, Social Policy & Criminology
- Course Reps
If you are interested in either Equality and Diversity, Ethics and Environment or Wellbeing, you are able to join Action Groups to work in these areas. Submit an application now at https://www.susu.org/elections/2015/summer-elections-2016-action-officers.html
How can I nominate?
Nominate now at www.susu.org/elections.
Nominations are open between Monday 18 April – Wednesday 4 May, 12pm
I’m not sure about…
If you’re not sure about whether to run, or you have a question about the role, simply…ask us! Tweet us @yoursusu or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: democracy, Elections, enterprise, equality, nominations, Summer Elections, voting, WSA committee