Summer Elections: #JoinTheTeam
Nominations for our Summer Elections are now open – you have until Wednesday 4th May to nominate yourself for one of hundreds of positions that will equip you with new skills and impact on the experience of your fellow students.
If you’ve never considered becoming part of the Students’ Union team, here is just a snapshot of what our Course Reps have achieved for students.
- Secured extended opening times for the Law building during exam periods.
- Secured print credit from the Faculty for all students on this course.
Electronics & Computer Science
- Worked with University staff to ensure consistency of marking within the Academic Unit.
- Worked with the University to secure better music equipment for students.
- Negotiated with the University to extend deadlines.
- Secured a revision week for students in the middle of each semester.
- Introduced a Buddy Scheme.
- Created a newsletter to feedback to Maths students after Student-Staff Liaison Committees.
- Worked to set up recruitment events in collaboration with alumni and external industry stakeholders.
- Secured increased opening times for the Boldrewood campus.
- Collaborated with the President of PhySoc to reach more students on their course.
- Worked with iSolutions to enhance the email service for all SUSU Student Leaders.
- Created a photo wall with pictures of Academic Reps in their main teaching building to increase students’ awareness.
If this has got you feeling inspired, just imagine what you could do. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the Education Zone and how you can get involved.
To find out about the other roles available and for your chance to #JoinTheTeam, nominate yourself here before 12pm on Wednesday 11th May. We can’t wait to see what you changes you have in store!Tags: academic, course rep, Course Reps, democracy, Education, Education Zone, Elections, nominations, positions, representation, roles, students, Students Union, Summer, Summer Elections