Autumn Elections – Nominate before Friday!
You have until 13:00 on Friday 21 October to nominate yourself in our Autumn Elections!
Do you want the opportunity to enhance your CV, do something you feel passionately about and improve your student experience all at the same time? Run for one of these positions:
- Senators – Interested in overseeing the political direction of the Union? There are 8 roles available to ensure a better reflection of the whole student body. If you are a post-graduate, part-time, mature, international or EU student or you identify yourself as having a disability, put yourself forward for this role!
- Zone Open Places – If you are passionate about one of the Union’s main areas of work and would like to represent students’ views at a core decision-making level, then these roles are for you! With places available on each of our 8 Zones, and our Operations & Services Advisory Forum, these roles cover the full range of the Union’s activity.
- Community & Volunteering Officer – Do you have a passion for engaging in the community and supporting volunteer initiatives? The Union and our Student Groups have developed a wide range of opportunities to gain volunteer experience, with this role ensuring the many students involved are supported and represented centrally as well.
- Postgraduate (Taught) Officer– A great opportunity to represent over a fifth of the student population here at Southampton! Ensuring that Postgraduate (Taught) issues are at the forefront of everything we do, you will work with the Postgraduate (Research) Officer to develop and deliver a compelling series of events and activities throughout the academic year.
- Faculty Officers – There are 4 positions available: Faculty of Engineering & Environment; Faculty of Social, Human & Mathematical Science; Faculty of Business Law & Art; Faculty of Natural & Environmental Sciences. Want to represent the student voice at a faculty level? Lead academic representation in your faculty, by managing the Academic Presidents. Make a huge change to the quality of teaching in your faculty!
- Academic Presidents – These roles lead the Course Reps and ensure course level issues are resolved swiftly working closely with University Departments.
- Course Reps – Every single student has someone to represent them at a course level. These represent each year, liaising directly with students to resolve any issues they might have during their studies. Can you be that key point of contact for your peers?
So what are you waiting for?! You can find out more information, and nominate yourself here before Friday!