Graduation: How to Get Your Hands on Robes and Mortarboards
Graduation is on the horizon! We can’t wait to come together and celebrate this momentous occasion as you receive your well-earned academic degree. This is an exciting event, but we understand that you might be a little confused about how to get your hands on that fancy robe and mortarboard we’re sure you’ve always longed to wear.
Without the correct attire, you’ll not be allowed to attend the ceremony, and we definitely don’t want that!
You have to place your order online from J. Wippell & Co Ltd. This is our official – and ONLY – supplier, and you have until Thursday 06 July to do this. Here is our simple step-by-step guide to the ordering process which shouldn’t take too long to complete:
- Go to www.wippellgownhire.co.uk
- Select your institution (University of Southampton)
- Read and agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Select qualification type (for example BA, MA)
- Fill out the date and time of your ceremony (information about this can be found here
- Select your height, chest/bust size and hat size
- Decide whether you would like to hire or purchase the items (it’s a total of £44 to hire everything you need)
- Fill out your name and address
- Review the order and provide payment details
- Relax – it’s all done!
You’ll collect the gown from The Café in Building 42, Level 3, on the day of your ceremony. Information regarding collection times is available when you place your order but don’t fear, we will remind you of these details nearer the time.
While your friends help you choose what tie and dress colour to wear, our number one tip is to wear comfortable shoes. Trust us, it’ll help you walk across that stage with confidence as you embrace your friends and family’s embarrassing whoops and cheers!
Remember, the Graduation team is more than happy to assist with any other queries you may have. You can email them at email@example.com, or call on 023 8059 9060. You can also check out the University’s useful graduation website for more information at: www.southampton.ac.uk/graduation. Alternatively, pop in to see the team in Building 37, Room 2083, on the Highfield Campus.Tags: academic degree, celebration, ceremony, clothing, colour, confidence, dress, gown, graduation, hire, information, measurements, mortarboard, process, shoes, stage, step-by=step, supplier, The Cafe, tie, university, wear