You Are More Than Your Studies…
Remember, you are more than your studies. As the Semester One exam period is fast approaching, we’re pleased to announce the return of the Union’s You Are More Than campaign, supporting each and every student with a range of study spaces in the Union, events and activities. It’s important to take a break and relax away from your exams, assignments and hand-ins.
Study Spaces within the Union
- The Cafe and Bar 2 (both in Building 42) will be open for studying during normal Union opening hours
- Meeting Room 5 (Building 42, Level 2) and Meeting Room 7 (Building 40, Level 2) have been booked out for your usee between Monday 15 and Friday 26 January
- Take a look at the Union’s Room Booking system, as there will likely be other spaces which will be bookable during the exam period
Study Spaces within the University
- There are a wide range of study spaces provided across the University’s campuses – you can find out more about them here
- Student Life staff (formerly Residences Support) will be working in the Hartley Library to help support our students through the busy January exam period and will cover the Hartley’s 24 hour opening period. From the 03 – 07 January, two Student Life staff will be available from 17:00 – 00:00, and then from 08 – 21 January they will work from 17:00 – 06:00.
Meditation Sessions – Wednesday 17 and 24 January – 15:00 – 16:00 (Room 1067 in Building 58)
Take a moment to relax away from your studies with our meditation session.
Union Films Movie Night – Tuesday 23 January – 19:00 (Union Films Cinema)
Grab the popcorn and settle in for a movie night, brought to you by our Postgrad Committee.
Meet The Hearing Dogs – Friday 26 January – 11:00 – 15:00 (Building 42, Concourse)
The adorable Hearing Dogs will be back on campus for you to cuddle and say hello! Check out the photos from last year here.
Games Evening – Thursday 25 January – 18:00 – 20:00 (The Bridge)
Bring out your competitive side with a games night in The Bridge, brought to you by our Postgrad Committee.
Postgrad Power Teas – Thursday 18 January – 11:00 – 14:00 (Exhibition space at NOC)
Postgrads – grab a FREE power tea, some cake, and a potted pant for your desk, too!
Postgrad Table Tennis
Challenge your friends to a game of table tennis for FREE (huge thanks to the Table Tennis Society)
- Sunday 21 January – The Cube – 12:00 – 14:00
- Sunday 21 January- Activities Room – 14:00 – 16:00
- Monday 22 January – Activities Room – 18:00 – 20:00
- Sunday 28 January – Activities Room – 14:00 – 16:00
You can also check out our study and concentration tips blog for more ideas on how to stay focused and keep calm.
We wish all students the best of luck with exams and hand-ins!