Spring Elections: Run for VP Sports
If you’re thinking of running for the role of VP Sports, you might want to know what you’ll be working on day-to-day, and what you’re responsible for. Find out more about life as one of our Sabbatical Officers below…
VP Sports supports the running of the Athletic Union Clubs by acting as President of the Athletic Union. They represent the institution within the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) and lead on the Union’s annual Varsity event, AU Ball and other sports events throughout the year. They lead on campaigns to encourage healthy and active lifestyles for all students as well as working to improve elite and performance sport at Southampton.
Leading the Athletic Union
- Support the running of the Athletic Union Clubs; acting as President of the Athletic Union, representing all affiliated sports clubs and overseeing the grant allocation process.
- Advocate on behalf of these clubs to the University.
- Lead on the Union’s annual Varsity, AU Ball, and other sports events throughout the year.
Developing sporting performance
- Represent the institution within British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS).
- Work to improve sporting performance and elite sport at Southampton.
- Work with the University to look at long term strategy with regards to sporting facilities.
Encouraging participation in sport
- Encourage students to lead a healthy and active lifestyle and ensuring all students have a fair opportunity to participate in sporting activity.
- Lobby the University to make sport more accessible for all students.
- Oversee the strategy of the Intramural league and promoting student participation in Intramural sports.
Find out what it’s like to run as a candidate in our elections here: How to be a Candidate: Top Tips
Sound like the perfect role for you?
Nominate yourself here: susu.org/elections.
Nominations close on Wednesday 13 February at 13:00.