Spring Elections: Run for VP Activities!
If you’re thinking of running for the role of VP Activities, you might want to know what you’ll be working on day-to-day, and what you’re responsible for. Find out more about life as one of our Sabbatical Officers below…
VP Activities supports and advocates on behalf of our clubs and societies, who are sector leading in the activities they run! They oversee they processes involved in running societies and support students to get involved in the activities available. They lead on areas of the Union’s work which support the student experience, such as employability, arts and media, volunteering and fundraising.
Representing club and society interests
- Support and advocate on behalf of our sector leading societies, both within the Union and to the University.
- Ensure that society involvement and activity is as accessible as possible to all students.
- Work to ensure the recognition and support of Union volunteers.
Supporting all affiliated societies
- Oversee the process of club and society affiliation to the Union, and how the Union subsequently supports and develops them.
- Ensure societies are operating in line with the Union’s values, and oversee discipline process.
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation to all societies, including overseeing the grant application process.
Improving the student experience
- Lobby the University to recognise the importance of societies as a key part of the student experience.
- Work to support and develop employability amongst students and work with the University to expand and support this offering.
- Lead the Union’s activities in the arts and media, student volunteering and fundraising, and entrepreneurial endeavours.
Find out what it’s like to run as a candidate in our elections here: How to be a Candidate: Top Tips
Sound like the perfect role for you?
Nominate yourself here: susu.org/elections.
Nominations close on Wednesday 13 February at 13:00.