Candidate Spotlight: VP Activities
Meet our candidates for the Sabbatical Officer role of VP Activities on the Concourse of Building 42 TODAY from 12:00 – 13:00. This is chance to ask them any questions you have on their key points and why you should vote for them.
The responsibilities of VP Activities include representing club and society interests, supporting all affiliated societies, and improving the student experience at Southampton. They will oversee Performing Arts, Media groups, volunteering, fundraising and enterprise. You can read the full job description here: Vice President Activities.
VP Activities is a new role for 2019/20, so take a look at all the candidates and their key points below…
- Improve website, especially society membership system
- Get societies involved in SUSU events
- Make societies’ activities schedule for Freshers’
- Make a list of volunteering opportunities around Uni & Southampton/Winchester
- Do circus tricks at meetings
Read more on why Corin thinks you should vote for them here: Corin Holloway
- I am Passionate about the university and its societies.
- I will improve awareness of smaller societies.
- I will enhance university support given to committees.
- I will increase access to employability opportunities.
- I will build upon the successful fundraising schemes.
Read more on why Abigail thinks you should vote for them here: Abigail Mustard
- Increase support and communication to societies
- Create more storage space for societies
- Make use of professional venues on campus
- Provide more support for WSA students’ involvment in activities
- Restructure funding guidelines
Read more on why Fiona thinks you should vote for them here: Fiona Sunderland
Meet all our elections candidates for all roles here: Meet the Candidates 2019
Tomorrow we will be meeting our candidates for VP Democracy and Education, 12:00 – 13:00, on the Redbrick.Tags: Spring Elections, Spring Elections 2019, VP Activities