Candidate Spotlight: Union President
Meet our candidates for the Sabbatical Officer role of Union President on the Redbrick TODAY from 12:00 – 13:00. This is chance to ask them any questions you have on their key points and why you should vote for them.
The responsibilities of Union President include leading the Union, ensuring there’s a Union presence at all our sites, and creating a more sustainable environment. They will oversee all our sites officers, our Halls Officer and Sustainability Officer. You can read the full job description here: Union President.
Voting is NOW OPEN in our Spring Elections! You have until Friday 08 March at 16:00 to have your say: Vote Now.
Take a look at all the candidates and their key points below…
- Engage with student population, hold surgeries
- Provide students with mental health support
- Provide support and awareness for people suffering alcohol misuse
- Provide appropriate support for victims of sexual abuse
- Continue engagement with external charities
Read more on why George thinks you should vote for them here: George Fairweather
- Ensure withheld lecturer strike pay is used to benefit students.
- Improve transport links to NOCS and SGH
- Set up a recycling reward scheme
- Improve laundry facilities in halls
- Review catering on campus
Read more on why Emily thinks you should vote for them here: Emily Harrison
- Publicly challenge the University on decisions adverse to students
- Ensure a financial guarantee from the University to the Union
- A complete overhaul of the SUSU website, improving communication
- Foster a positive, warm community spirit within the Union
- An encouraging, supportive atmosphere for students with mental health difficulties
Read more on why Nik thinks you should vote for them here: Nik Mukherjee
- Likes memes
- Is memes
- Will stream the university on twitch
- Can juggle
Read more on why Henry thinks you should vote for them here: Henry Oliver-Edwards
- Building Your CV: Promote careers and employability opportunities.
- Find a house Workshops: spot warning signs, intro to law.
- Mental health: ensure tutors are trained to spot and support.
- Healthy food: more subsidised options.
- Sports: Second martial arts room, campaign for longer gym hours.
Read more on why Aaron thinks you should vote for them here: Aaron Page
Voting is open NOW until Friday 08 March at 16:00.
Remember to vote for your favourite candidates at number 1. Have your say here: VOTE NOW.Tags: Spring Elections, Spring Elections 2019, Union President