Spring Elections 2020: Nominations Now Open!
This Spring Elections, change starts with you. Nominations are now open until Wednesday 12 February at 13:00. You can nominate yourself here: Nominate Now.
The the projects and campaigns you work on can directly impact student life at Southampton, whether it’s helping us launch the first vegan cafe on campus, reducing the cost of printing, or launching welfare training for
If you want to lead the direction of SUSU, make your ideas happen and represent all students at Southampton, nominate yourself for one of our Officer roles.
We have five Sabbatical roles available:
- Union President – leads the Union, ensures there’s a SUSU presence at all University campuses, and leads our sustainability projects
- VP Education and Democracy – represents students’ academic interests, ensures all students have a voice in the University, leads on Union Democracy
- VP Sports – leads our Athletic Union, develops sports performance, encourages participation in sport
- VP Welfare and Community – leads on student welfare, leads on equality and diversity at SUSU, and leads on campaigns for both these areas
- VP Activities – represents and supports our societies, leads on improving student experience
We also have lots of part time voluntary roles available, like our Student Trustees, Student Officers and our WSA Committee.
You can find the full list of these roles and more information here: Student Officers: Full List and Descriptions
International Students can also run for a role as a Sabb! If successful you can have your Tier 4 Visa extended to cover your year in the role.
Good luck to everyone who nominates themselves!
If you know someone who would be perfect for any of these roles, you can Suggest a Friend here: Suggest a Friend.
Your suggested person will receive an email with more information, suggesting someone doesn’t automatically put their name forward in our nominations.