Thinking of running for VP Activities?
Nominations are now open in our Spring Elections until Wednesday 12 February, and one of the roles you can run for is VP Activities.
Do you enjoy working with hundreds of different societies and helping them achieve their goals? This might be the role for you! All it takes is one great idea and lots of passion for the role – remember, change starts with you.
Previous examples of work an individual in this position has achieved include being accountable for 214 societies, having increased this number over time.
Don’t worry if you don’t have much experience of a role like this, all our Sabbs receive training on lots of topics before you start, such as project and time management. There’s also a big team of core SUSU staff to support you.
The main responsibilities of VP Activities are:
Representing club and society interests
- To support and advocate on behalf of our sector leading societies, both within the Union and to the University.
- To ensure that society involvement and activity is as accessible as possible to all students.
- Work to ensure the recognition and support of Union volunteers.
Supporting all affiliated Societies
- Overseeing the process of club and societies affiliation to the Union, and how the Union subsequently supports and develops them
- Ensuring that societies are operating in line with the Unions values, and overseeing the discipline process
- To ensure appropriate resource allocation to all societies, including overseeing the grant application process.
Improving the student experience
- To lobby to the University to recognise the importance of societies as a key part of the student experience.
- To work to support and develop employability amongst students and working with the University to expand and support this offering.
- Lead the Union’s activities in the arts and media, student volunteering and fundraising, entrepreneurial endeavours.
You can find a full list of information about the role of VP Activities here.
How to nominate yourself:
To nominate yourself head to susu.org/elections.
Nominations close on Wednesday 12 February at 13:00.
If this role isn’t for you but you know someone who would be perfect for it, you can suggest a friend here: susu.org/suggest-a-friendTags: democracy, nominations, Sabbatical Officers, sabbs, Spring Elections 2020, VP Activities