Academic Elections: Nominations Now Open
Could you be our next VP Education and Democracy or a Faculty Officer? Nominations in our Academic Elections are now open, so this is your chance to put your name forward!
Find out more and nominate yourself for one of these roles here: susu.org/elections.
Nominations are open until Friday 13 March at 13:00.
VP Education and Democracy
This role is a paid, full-time opportunity and the main priorities are:
Represent Students’ Academic Interests
- Lead and support the Undergraduate academic representation structure
- Provide representation for all Postgraduate students, including leading the Postgraduate Committee and the Postgraduate Research Faculty Reps
- Work to increase student engagement in these structures
Ensure Students have a Voice in the University
- Lobby the University over students’ academic and educational issues and attend high level University education strategy meetings
- Lead on all student feedback mechanisms, such as Making Change
- Act as Deputy President of the Union
Lead on Union Democracy
- Oversee the Unions 3 main elections; Autumn, Spring and Summer
- Lead on the Union’s democratic processes, including All Student Votes,
Petitions and the Union AGM
- Oversee and promote the ‘You Make Change’ platform
We are also searching for our next Arts and Humanities Faculty Officer, Engineering and Physical Sciences Faculty Officer and Environment and Life Sciences Faculty Officer.
Our Faculty Officers are voluntary roles which you can carry out alongside your studies. If you want to focus your efforts on your Faculty and work with our Course Reps to improve student life, this could be the role for you!
Find out more and nominate yourself at: susu.org/elections.