Could you be our next VP Education and Democracy?
Nominations open today in our by-election to find the next VP Education and Democracy! Make sure to put your name forward if you’d like to lead on all things Education and Democracy at SUSU and make positive change for students across the University.
Remember, no previous experience or volunteering with SUSU is required – all you need is passion for representing students and ideas of what you’d like to achieve in your year.
The role is open to all students whether you are Undergraduate, Postgraduate Taught or Research. If you’re looking for the next step after your studies, anyone who is graduating this summer is also able to run.
If you are an international student, you must check that there are no specific restrictions on your Tier 4 visa. If you have a standard Tier 4 visa, you can run as a Sabbatical Officer.
What does the role involve?
This role is a paid, full-time opportunity and the main priorities are:
Represent Students’ Academic Interests
- Lead and support the Undergraduate academic representation structure
- Provide representation for all Postgraduate students, including leading the Postgraduate Committee and the Postgraduate Research Faculty Reps
- Work to increase student engagement in these structures
Ensure Students have a Voice in the University
- Lobby the University over students’ academic and educational issues and attend high level University education strategy meetings
- Lead on all student feedback mechanisms, such as Making Change
- Act as Deputy President of the Union
Lead on Union Democracy
- Oversee the Unions 3 main elections; Autumn, Spring and Summer
- Lead on the Union’s democratic processes, including All Student Votes,
Petitions and the Union AGM
- Oversee and promote the ‘You Make Change’ platform
Find out more and put your name forward at susu.org/elections.
Nominations Open: Monday 13 June, 09:00
Nominations Close: Thursday 09 July, 16:00
Candidates Announced and Campaigning Starts: Monday 13 July
Voting Opens: Monday 20 July, 09:00
Voting Closes: Wednesday 22 July, 16:00