We’re here to support you during lockdown
We understand how difficult things are for students in the current circumstances, especially now that England will enter another lockdown from Thursday 05 November. Please remember there is always lots of help and support available from SUSU, the University and external teams. Some of our outlets and services will remain open during this next lockdown, please see the opening times below.
Support for Students
If you are struggling with your mental health, feeling lonely or just want to talk about what’s on your mind please make sure you reach out to someone. You’re not alone and lots of students may be feeling the same way as you. Some teams who can help and useful resources are:
- Enabling Services: support for students with disabilities, mental health conditions or specific learning difficulties.
- SUSU’s Online Community Facebook Group: a group for students to keep in touch and support each other.
- Togetherall: a safe community to support your mental health, 24/7.
- Student Space: wellbeing resources and advice.
- The Advice Centre: our team offer free, confidential advice for finance, housing and academic issues.
- Sabbs: our Sabbatical Officers are always available to listen to your concerns and ideas.
- You Make Change: if you have a question for us, an idea or something you think needs to change, let us know.
- Student Life Team: available 24/7 dedicated to supporting student wellbeing and enhancing the student experience.
SUSU’s opening hours from Thursday 05 November are:
- Building 42 and main reception: Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The Bridge: open for use as study space only, Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The Advice Centre: our team are available via phone (023 8059 2085) or email (email@example.com) Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The Shop: Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
- The Stag’s: Closed.
- The Plant Pot: Closed.
- The Shop On Top: Closed.
Covid testing is really important to protect you, your friends and the wider community. Getting a free non-invasive test is easy – all you have to do is opt-in online. When your test is ready to send back just drop it off at one of the collection points at Halls or on campus. Opt-in for Covid testing here: Covid Testing Programme.
If you test positive, follow the steps below:
- Isolate for 14 days if you don’t have symptoms.
- Isolate for 10 days if you do have symptoms.
- Let the University know about your test result here.
- Log your test result on the NHS Track and Trace app.
- If you have taken part in any club or society activities or events within the last couple of weeks, let their committee know you’ve tested positive.