Let’s start off with some stats to surprise you:
- 16% food we take home from a shop, we throw away.
- Equates to £15 each week (average household).
- 50% of total food wastage comes from our homes and 50% of our wastage is actually edible!
- Huge environmental damages – the process of landfill degrades the land, pollutes with toxic gases and uses up scarce resources.
- Waste reduction
- Save money
- Improved environmental conscience
- If we ate all the wasted edible food, the environmental impact would be the same as taking a quarter of all cars off the road!