Array

Storage on Campus

It’s a rainy day, you’ve got a morning and an afternoon lecture with no time to return home, and a bag full of books, lunch, and society gear for your evening meeting.

Or perhaps you ride in on a motorbike and have found a place to park, but nowhere to leave your kit.

I would imagine at some point you’ll likely have been in some of these situations and have had no choice but to haul your gear around with you all day.

I’ve recently had students ask me about storage on campus, and what they can do if they don’t want to have to carry everything around with them all day, but don’t have time to return home.

I would like to try and find out if many of you find yourselves in this exact situation, what you currently do about it, and what could be done to make your lives that little bit easier.

Please leave feedback below with your experiences:

Tags: , , ,

6 Comments on "Storage on Campus"

1. Sam
    Aaron Bali
    17/10/2011 at 9:37 am Permalink

Some locker facilities maybe? Similar to the ones in the gym, perhaps?

2. Sam
    Jonny
    17/10/2011 at 9:39 am Permalink

Hi Sam,

I have friends who bring their gym kit to uni to go to the gym in between lectures but they are told that they can’t leave their kit in the gym lockers when they leave the gym so they have to lug their kit around with them. I have to do this as well.

3. Sam
    Emily Sheldrake
    17/10/2011 at 10:09 am Permalink

I have this exact problem! I have a busy day on avenue but want to go the gym after 6pm but have to carry my heavy gym/swimming things around with me all; day! I recently thought how useful it would be to have a set of lockers like we had at school to leave your stuff in and pick it up at the end of the day! This would be a great idea!

4. Sam
    Andre
    17/10/2011 at 10:20 am Permalink

Yeah, I’d love some sort of locker facility on campus. I am a law student, so have to lug massive books around all day. What I currently do is leave them in the Surge studios, but this is a big inconvenience when we’re trying to work in the studios. So yeah, I think lockers would be good, and they would definitely be used by a lot of people.

5. Sam
    Boo Radley
    17/10/2011 at 1:17 pm Permalink
  6. Sam
    Tom
    18/10/2011 at 3:17 pm Permalink

Yeah, lockers would be great. I’ve wondered why we didn’t have them before really, but came up with a bunch of ways in which they could be abused… (‘reserve’ a locker by locking it with nothing in it; leave your stuff in a locker for ages; lock somebody else’s stuff in a locker; etc.) The only solution I could think of was if they were somehow locked by using our ID cards: then you could trace who was using them excessively or abusively, and email them /revoke privileges appropriately.