Array

The Best Social Ever?

For those of you that have read the Sabbatical Plans for this year you will know that one of my Goals is to ‘Empower Social Secretaries’. The main thing that I am aiming to do is produce a booklet/guide as to how to run  socials, included in this will be a contact list of nightclubs and activites in southampton with specific deals only for SUSU Societies.

Doing some work on this started me thinking, what was the best social that I have ever been on? And what is the best social that southampton students have ever done? So undoubtably the best way to find some inspiration for some awesome socials was to ask you guys and girls, What is the best social you’ve ever been on?

I have posted below a few photos of my favorite socials below, but this is where I need your help! Comment below with the best social youve ever been on….make sure you include who organised it, what the social was, and where!

Tags: , ,

7 Comments on "The Best Social Ever?"

1. Hannah
    Sasha
    04/12/2011 at 4:54 pm Permalink

Definitely had to be the Monte FC fairies social… you know that when its awkward that 5 people all came dressed as tinkerbell, that its going to be a good night…

2. Hannah
    Moggy
    04/12/2011 at 5:10 pm Permalink

Last year’s SUSU staff social organised by Daz was brilliant. Transport to Plymouth, Playzone, Transport back to SUSU, Minibuses to Oceana, Oceana for the rest of the night with VIP goodness. All for under a tenner.

3. Hannah
    Callum
    04/12/2011 at 5:28 pm Permalink

This is a tricky question:

A) because some of the best socials are a tad hazy,
    B) because their have been so many great socials and
    C) because I think a lot of it relies on the people you are with, and not just the organisation (although this of course has a big effect)

SUWAKE pub golf this year was pretty epic (a well planned pub golf can’t go wrong – although I don’ think they should always be golf themed). On that note, hallsfest was amazing too – perhaps the key is movement/changing things up… The first Academic President Social was awesome, and we only did hobbit, clowns and jesters – just three stops might be enough!

Themes are of course essential. To name a few good ones – toga, uv, letter beginnings, rubix, golf, caveman, jungle, haloween etc. (the list is of course non-exhaustive) But themes that require some interaction between the social members are usually the best. A: “What the hell are you supposed to be?” B: “Can you not tell?!” A: “…”

4. Hannah
    Dom
    04/12/2011 at 6:28 pm Permalink

FilmSoc’s Anchorman social from 2010. Watching the film in the Union cinema before heading onto Portswood, all dressed as Brian Fantana. Classy.

5. Hannah
    Rich Yates
    04/12/2011 at 10:33 pm Permalink

Every Wessex social that has ever been

6. Hannah
    Chamberlain JCR 2010/2011
    05/12/2011 at 7:18 pm Permalink

Chamberlain socials exceeded all boundaries, I would love to post the best stories on here but I doubt that this post would then be allowed to be shown. Pokemon trainer vs. Pokemon has to be up there… The legendary Chamberlain Challenge List was the first of its kind and last after being banned and was forced to go underground. ‘Very safe’ handover socials where irresponsible drinking was heavily frowned upon were the greatest nights, finishing with Angels by Robbie Williams being sung in a peaceful sober manner. Unfortunately Chamberlain bar was knocked down, our movement has now moved underground, but our spirits remain high… murmurs of our socials being the best are still heard across campus… our spirit will remain in SUSU forever and hopefully you are lucky enough to have experienced one of ‘those’ socials… Chamberlain love x

7. Hannah
    Luke O'Brien
    05/12/2011 at 7:21 pm Permalink

My best social was my first (shane was there but don’t let that detract from the story)
    Post freshers week chamberlain JCR, reps and bar staff new and old. The all the glen eyre lot rocked up and chaos ensued. Some big personalities there and it kick started my SUSU experience pretty well!