Kerry28 January 2016 12:01
#ICan Nominate myself NOW- Spring Election Nominations are Open!
Say #ICan and nominate yourself to change things for the better.
You have until the 11th February at 12pm to nominate yourself for a range of full-time or part-time position.
All you have to do is go to susu.org/IWill and apply, along with some key points about what you will change if elected, and a manifesto.
This is one of the most exciting times of the year, as we see students step forward for over 40 positions that will run the Union next year, and get a glimpse of some of the big changes to come.
After nominations close, there will be a Candidate briefing on the 12th February, where we will be going through everything you need to know about the campaigning process, the rules, and more. If you have any questions in the meantime, email email@example.com
From the 17th February, campaigning starts! This is the time when candidates will have to get themselves out to the student body in fun and creative ways to win their votes- my advice would be to start generating campaign ideas and planning your time now to ensure you’re prepared and stress free. The full elections timetable is here.
Full-time Officer Candidates: 3000 words max
Part-time Student Leader positions: 1500 words max
- Keep it short and sweet – a lot of students won’t want to read an essay!
- Group your ideas into key areas, so it’s easy to present an overview of what you want to change
- Be realistic – no one will believe you if you say you are going to launch a SUSU to space programme next year
- Be positive and solution orientated- it’s all well and good focusing on what needs to be changed, but talk about how you plan to change things for the better
- Base your ideas on what you know students care about- talk to friends, course mates, student groups, and current officers to find out more about what you should prioritise
Good Luck to everyone I know that running for a full-time officer post is one of the best things I’ve ever done!